Red Frogs Top Tips For A Safe Schoolies.
Here are some tips on how to have a safe and enjoyable schoolies.
- A hangover is your body's way of telling you it can't cope with the amount of alcohol you've had.
- Stay with your friends.
- Don't go anywhere with anyone you don't know (Saying "Just for a sec" doesn't count).
- Be wise with who you let into your room.
- Stay in well-lit areas, especially in the early hours of the morning.
- Never leave drinks alone. Never accept drinks from others. Drink-spiking is a big issue at Schoolies week.
- Know your boundaries and stick to them.
- Tell people where you are going and who you will be with.
- The risk of hurting yourself is greater when you've been drinking, even at low levels.
- Alcohol makes you less aware of danger.
- Get mum making frozen meals for you to take because you need to eat when you run out of money.
- Many incidents to schoolies happen when friends are left alone to make their way back to their accommodation. Don’t abandon your mates!
- This is probably the first time you're living in the same environment with some of your best mates. Give each other some space during Schoolies so you don't come back hating each other.
- Live your life for a change. Don't just do something because everyone else is doing it. That's stupid. If it's something you wouldn't normally do, why are you starting now and will you hate yourself for it after?
- Eat well. Surf, sun and partying means you need to drink lots of water. Dehydration and malnutrition will cause your body to crash in a heap. Not a good way to spend your Schoolies. We recommend you plan ahead and stock the pantry.
And by the way... Drink more water!