Bali bound for Schoolies? Five tips for safe celebrations
Schoolies kicks off again in Bali with the Red Frog crew stationed and ready for their fourth year of operations in the tropical paradise helping to keep school leavers safe as they celebrate.
Situated primarily in Kuta, Legian and Seminyak, the Red Frog Crew will assist the estimated 6,000 schoolies from November 23rd – 30th.
Red Frogs Bali Coordinator, Paul Mergard, shares his top five tips to make sure it is a trip worth remembering:
- Ensure you’re insured – be sure to get the right policy for your time away – read the fine print to know what is and is not covered before you get there
- Ignorance is not bliss with the law - know and obey the local laws. There have been some changes to drug and alcohol laws in Indonesia, so be sure to know the boundaries
- Be in the know – register and subscribe to the latest travel alerts at smartraveller.gov.au and download the Smartraveller and Red Frog app to keep up to date (or request a walk home or visit!)
- Think before you drink - if the prices of drinks are too good to be true, they probably are. Avoid shots, spirits and mixers – be alert to the possibilities of methanol poisoning
- Keep in touch with Mum! Be sure someone at home has copies of your itinerary, passport, insurance policy, visas and credit cards – and then be sure to call or text home to touch base.
“By following these five tips, School leavers can avoid parties that turn to panic, our teams are here to keep the school leavers safe while they celebrate,” says Paul.
“We remind them that some things they may do at home could be culturally offensive here, and that things they are used to in Australia may not be the case in Bali. Whilst we are neighbors and have some similarities there are also some huge differences.”
As well as being in 15 hotels across Bali including the Bounty Hotel, The 101 Legian, Adi Dharma, Kuta Townhouses and The Jayakarta, Red Frogs will again be manning a hub in Kuta, next to the Bali Bombing Memorial on Jl Legian. Use the free Red Frog App to request a team or call the Red Frogs Bali hotline +62 821 409 888 23.